You Won't Believe What This Guy Made of Wood!!!

Elliott Conely
Mr. Grisbee
Advanced 2D and 3D Design
1/22/2018
Iphone Case Prototyping
     Today I worked on designing a case for an Iphone 6. I designed it to have an aluminum back and front with plastic spacers in the middle. These three layers will be sandwiched together to make what should be a very unique and one of a kind phone case.
     I began the first step of this process by laser cutting a wooden prototype of my design. I found the initial design worked well, however, it was very bulky and the buttons were difficult to access. My method for gluing the back to the middle section and then screwing the front piece into that.  I'm happy with the way this turned out and it gave a lot of ideas on how to improve my deign.
    For my final version I'm make the cutouts for the volume and power buttons bigger and use thinner material for the front and back. I hope the final version which I plan on cutting out on the cnc router turns out well.

Comments