Week One: Mineral Oil PC

Elliott Conely
Jeremy Grisbee
J-Term
1/18/2018
Week One: Mineral Oil PC
This week my main focus has been to design my mineral oil pc case. It is rather difficult to explain what I'm building but it is essentially a tank that will hold non conductive mineral oil that my computer will then be submerged into. This is done to cool the computer. This process is aided by running the mineral oil through a radiator where the heat can be dissipated into the air.

I have designed this case in two separate parts; The first part is going to basically be a fish tank that will be filled with mineral oil. The second will be a tray that will house the computer itself. Designing these two pieces has been very difficult because there is very little room for error and I must make sure that its compatible with they computer parts that I already have.

Today I tested how waterproof the case is by filling it with water and going through the tedious process of spotting and fixing the numerous small leaks. I found four different leaks which is very concerning because if it leaks while the mineral oil is in it I will be in for a big, expensive mess.

Comments