Week 2 (continued)



After a good five day weekend and feeling incredibly not-well-rested and uncharacteristically unexcited about the cold, I come back to school to work on both of my projects, both of which have little to no progress on them. As I still try to figure out how Adobe Illustrator and Easel work, I slowly confuse myself more and more by trying to design what I picture this to be, with varying success. Eventually, my wallhang, which I have only designed, looks good and I hope it will stay that way once it is cut out. The aluminum sheet that I had cut out required a hacksaw to cut into the proper measurement to fit in the CNC router, which was tiring work to do, but not too difficult.
So far, the J-Term is going pretty well, save for the long line to cut out with the CNC and how I have to be perfect with my cuts or I'm to the back of the line. This, along with my confusion on what Mr. Grisbee wants me to do and my incompetence and/or lack of practice with Adobe Illustrator, is probably the most frustrating part of the class, but I think that it can be a learning opportunity in that I need to work extra hard to make my cuts worth it.

Comments