JTERM 2018 - Advanced 2D 3D design - Brandon Shin

As stated in the title of this post, this is the Jterm 2018 post. The first week and a couple of days have passed by, and much was completed, in my mind at least. There are two major projects of which I wanted to tackle during this course, but first I needed to warm up with two easier projects. One of which was a simple project to learn the CNC Router that we had purchased. I made a simple logo of my online alias and a couple of iconic equipment in the gaming community. The following is a picture of it:

Of course, disregard the reflection on my

The second project that I decided to create was with the Laser Cutter. I modified an already made design of a "Poro" from league of legends (a popular game in the video gaming community). A "Poro" is one of the most iconic creatures in the game, and it is a game I've found myself playing a lot recently, therefore I didn't have any doubt in my mind about attempting to recreate this creature, to the best of my ability, with a Laser Cutter. As a Laser Cutter can't actually cut in 3D, I decided to take the second best approach and sliced up the object into layers, I then cut out the layers and glued them together. The finished project was a lot better than I expected:

Comments