Fun with Connor P Vol.2


Today in 2d and 3d design I cut out all of my chess board squares along with the borders, and designed and cut the knight for my chess set. In the morning I measured out all my cuts and made drawings of them. Then I added ⅛’’ to all of the cuts to account for the with of the table saw blade. After I finished with my measurements I used adobe illustrator to design a knight peace to be cut out. Once I finished the design I proceeded to cut out the pieces of wood that will become the spaces to my chess board. I cut out 32 squares of the Padauk wood and 32 squares of the Maple. Then I cut out 15.5’’ by .5’’ to be the siding. By the time I had finished it was was 3:10 and I needed to clean up all of the saw dust that I made. After school I cut out a prototype knight and then left the school.

Comments