Coming to an end...

It is almost the end of J-Term and I am having to move quickly to finish my projects in time. All my materials have arrived for my Dice Tower, as well as my leather pen case was almost done getting sewed up. 

The Carvey and the laser cutter both had long queues (especially the former) and I initially planned on using the Carvey to cut out my tower's outline so that there would be no scorch marks around the edges. Unfortunately, I decided to use the laser cutter to cut my tower due to almost everyone in class signed up to use the Carvey and highly likely event that it would not reach my turn by the end of the term.

While waiting for the queues for both machines to get shorter and for my turn to come up, I went to finish my pen case. After a few more stitches, I cut the thread and bam-I had a pen case. I was very pleased with how turned out and look forward to transporting my stationary in my own handmade pouch. 

I finally got to do my laser cuts with my walnut. When they were finished being cut out, I constructed the tower and realized to my dismay that my measurements were off by a little less then .02''! I never realized this mistake due to my test wood being .02'' shorter than the walnut, and this thickness accounted for the width of the laser. I had initially got 2 sheets of walnut to do the tower and a matching tray, but I had to use the other sheet to make the tower with the correct measurements. I do have an extra piece of wood that I may use as a tray.

I look forward to tomorrow to finally finish my dice tower project and see it completed, though I wish that there was still more time for J-Term.

Comments