Blog Week One




For my first week of the 3D design Tinkeria (or whatever its called), I designed a ball-in-a-cup game, along with a wall-hang. After a mix-up on what the laser cutter could and couldn't cut that the CNC router could, (i.e. aluminum) I ended up having to do both of my projects on the CNC router, but I have made do. These pictures above are my design of the ball-in-a-cup. The three white rings are the tube/cylindrical part of the cup, the primarily black circle on the top is the bowl of the cup, and the whiteish circle with the 3 rings is the other side of the bowl. Basically, the darker the color, the deeper the cut that the CNC router makes.
My ball/cup game was difficult in that it took more wood than expected, along with a lot more experimentation to get the right size of bowl, but, as of now, the bowl is well underway.
My original plan was to make a wallhang of my dog, but after too much difficulty, a less-than-adequate photo, and lack of experience with Illustrator, my wallhang will be the "ok" emoji.
I'm incredibly proud of how I have managed to overcome my impatience in my work and glad that my work has resulted in what I have right now. Although I will have no experience with the laser cutter this J-term, the Design Tech arts class this semester will surely make up for this.

Comments