2D-3D Design Blog#3

Francesco Argentina
Jeremy Grisbee
2D-3D Design
1/21/18
Blog 3
Unfortunately today I did not have the opportunity to work on my project very much. This was primarily due to the fact that, I had already completed everything I needed to do, not involving the laser cutter or Carvey, and the only way I could progress my project any further was using those two things. Each Friday, I have an internship at the VA Hospital working in the physical therapy department, and that is why I came in late today. When I arrived at school, there was already an extensive list of names on the board, all wanting to use the CNC router, which I strongly needed. It was pretty much being occupied the entire day, so for the majority of the class I just helped Asa with his scrabble board, and prepared my wood for the cuts. Finally at the very end of the day I decided to use the laser cutter, just because I thought it would be a good idea to test my clock design on a piece of scrap wood before I went for the real thing. It was a good thing that I decided to test it first, because I discovered that the laser cutter can’t cut through wood that is ½ inch thick. This became a bit of a problem as that was the exact thickness of the wood I wanted to use, and it forced me to redesign my clock, so that I was only using the laser cutter to engrave rather than to cut completely through the wood. It’s unfortunate, however I still think the clock will look cool.     

Comments