Week One blog

     For my first week I worked on a project that started out as a drawing which I was able to learn how to engrave my drawing onto a piece of plywood.
     For the most part the project as a whole was fairly simple in getting done although I will say that working with the ink from when I was drawing and planning the project out at first. The most difficult part of this project I woulds say is getting used to using Adobe illustrator.
     I've learned partially how to use both Illustrator and the Laser Cutter programs on the computer to engrave this piece. Though my mind is foggy on a few of the details I've learned, I am sure I will get the hang of perfecting my skills with these new mediums.
     The only real mistakes were reshaping and resizing the piece so that the shapes can both connect with each other, and bolding/ sharpening the writing on the top and bottom of the piece.
      I'm just proud that I got one of my original drawings onto a piece of wood. For me this is a big step because it shows that I can accomplish more with my future 3D designs.





Comments