Week 2, day 5





Last week, my project continued, with varying success. The picture above is the handle and upper ring part of the cup in my cup and ball game. Frustrated with how often I mess up and get so close, I work more diligently than before to get it right, with varying degrees of success. Eventually, after many tries, a piece of pine wood used, the need to sand and cut another piece, and confusion on how I SHOULD make my cup, I get the base of the cup to where it's "good enough." Relieved at finally being done with this ball/cup...thing (after the changes, I don't even know what it is), I make the designs for the rest of the cup and handle.
Some of the other things I got to work on was my aluminum wallhang of the "OK" symbol to remind me that everything is OK. As one can probably tell from this slightly salty blog post, I really do need it sometimes. I HOPE it will look like a larger dog nameplate, which is to say, a large circle with a smaller circle cut out near the top, engraved with said OK symbol.
Although I feel much more confident with Adobe Illustrator and Easel, I know that I have a long way to go to mastering it.

Comments