Day 6 (Sayer C)

  The project I've spent the last few days working on is one that came to me out of both desire to find a good project idea and an inspiration strike for the franchise in question. The project I came up with was a FnaF inspired music box with graphically designed walls. For this project, I will be using both the CNC router and laser cutter, though it was planned to only use the CNC router. The reason I began to use the laser instead of the CNC router was because Mr. Grisbee suggested that instead of spending the day waiting for the off-chance I get to use the CNC router, that instead, I use the laser cutter, as it can provide faster, more detailed designs, at the downside of not being able to provide a fully 3D look.

  At this point, I had all but given up on the project, as the times which I got to use the CNC router were pretty much once in a blue moon. So I complained about it to Mr. Grisbee, hoping I would get more time on the CNC router as a result, this led to him suggesting the laser cutter. Since then I have scrapped 4 out of the 5 designs, and replaced 3 of them with illustrator designed outlines of Molten Freddy, Spring trap, and Nightmare Fredbear, while Golden Freddy and The Puppet remain the only two designs I will be using the CNC router for, as they have large holes cut into them for the mouths and eyes, as to let the music escape. The Puppet Wall only has a mouth cut all the way through, which is where I plan to place the wind-up crank. The only other thing I'm using the CNC router for is to cut out the walls so I can assemble them. I plan to purchase the interior of a music box, or possibly make one myself. Though the latter is highly unlikely. until I finish the project I need a maximum of 3 hours on the CNC router, I am also planning to paint the walls, though I'm struggling to find a method that would result in the preferred level of precision in the coloring, currently the most likely method are paint pens.

These are the designs I will be using:

Comments